GTI Renews Board Members’ Terms and Announces New Member
November 4, 2019
Des Plaines, IL
On October 16, 2019, GTI held its Annual Meeting of Members and the Fall Meeting of its Board of Directors. During these events, a number of actions were taken.
Re-elected to the Board of Directors for three-year terms were:
- Mr. Adrian P. Chapman, President and CEO, WGL Holdings, Inc. and Washington Gas, and President, U.S. Utilities for parent company AltaGas Ltd.
- Mr. Arthur C. Corbin, President and CEO, Municipal Gas Authority of Georgia
- Mr. Marc J. Florette, member of the National Academy of Technologies of France (NATF)
- Mr. Nickolas Stavropoulos, Chief Safety Advisor, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts
- Ms. Kimberly S. Greene, Chairman, President and CEO, Southern Company Gas
Dr. Michael E. Webber was also newly elected to a two-year term at the Annual Meeting. He is the Chief Science and Technology Officer of ENGIE Group, a French global energy and infrastructure services company, and is the Josey Centennial Professor in Energy Resources at the University of Texas at Austin. He also serves on the advisory board for Scientific American. He holds a B.S. and B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin, and a M.S. and Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Stanford University.
“Michael is an authority on energy that is changing the way we think about energy and water, and has been honored with Fellowships from a number of prestigious organizations, including ASME. He is a member of the 4th class of the Presidential Leadership Scholars, has written two books, authored more than 400 publications, and earned 6 patents,” notes David Carroll, GTI President and CEO.
“We are grateful to have him join our Board and share his passion and perspective on energy usage and the convergence of engineering, policy, and commercialization. He will help us align our activities to best meet the long-term needs of society.”
Furthermore, Mr. J. Bret Lane, Chairman and CEO, Southern California Gas Company, was re-elected to the office of Chair of the GTI Board of Directors. Ms. Rebecca Ranich, President, Exenico, LLC was re-elected to the office of Vice Chair.
In addition, the Board re-elected the following GTI Officers for another term:
- Mr. David C. Carroll, President and CEO
- Mr. James F. Ingold, Senior Vice President of Finance, Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Ronald N. Snedic, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and President, GTI International
- Dr. Paula A. Gant, Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Innovation
- Mr. Michael A. Rutkowski, Senior Vice President, Research and Technology Development
- Mr. Quinton B. Ford, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
GTI Board of Directors, October 2019
About GTI Energy
GTI Energy is a leading research and training organization. Our trusted team works to scale impactful solutions that shape energy transitions by leveraging gases, liquids, infrastructure, and efficiency. We embrace systems thinking, open learning, and collaboration to develop, scale, and deploy the technologies needed for low-carbon, low-cost energy systems.
Share This News
We welcome you to share via your social media or email