GTI Energy ("We", “Us”, or “Our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information in the manner described herein.
This policy applies whenever we collect your personal information (including when you use our website, electronic services, social networking sites, on-site data collection, or other platforms where we may collect your personal information (collectively “Services”). This policy does not apply to information collected by any third-party website or service that may link to, or be accessible from, our Services.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By accessing or using our Services, you agree to this policy. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS POLICY AND/OR OUR PRACTICES, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR INTERACT WITH OUR SERVICES.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified (“personal information”), which may include:
- Postal address
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Information about your property and associated utility services, including usage.
- Information about your utility account; including account numbers
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details; and
- If you place an order through our Services, certain financial account information.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services, including information provided at the time of registering
to use our Services, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services;
Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- Automatically as you navigate through our Services, including:
- Some of our Services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you use such Services, both GTI and the other company may receive the personal information that’s collected via that co-branded Service.
- We may collect data that is publicly available. For instance, information you’ve submitted in a public channel (e.g., blog, forum, social network) may be read, collected and may be used to personalize your experience.
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Services; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and\
- Information provided to us through your social media login to our Services
- From program and project partners and other third parties which may include utilities; federal, state, and local governments; or private companies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and their contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To confirm registrations, respond to your inquiries or fulfill your requests;
- If you contact us through our Services, to keep a record of your contact information and correspondence to use when responding to you;
- To analyze use of our Services to help us detect problems, prevent fraud, identify usage trends and improve user experience;
- To authenticate your identity to our Services;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts you entered with us, including for billing and collection;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services;
- To provide research, analytics, statistics, and other information to industry program and project partners;
- To contact you about our services, training and events that may be of interest to you;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose with your consent;
- To allow you to send content through our Services; and
- If you apply for employment with us, to process your employment application and other related activities.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose your personal information that we collect, or you provide, as described in this policy:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To our partners, when the personal information is collected in connection with services we provide on their behalf;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a successor in the event of a merger, sale, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Services users is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers or others.
Our Services may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such a marketing email, or email a request to us using the information in the section “Contact Us” at the end of this policy.
We have implemented measures designed to help prevent your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we attempt to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Services.
We will keep your personal information for as long we believe it is necessary to carrying out the purpose for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law or through contract with our industry partner.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
Our Services do not support “Do Not Track” requests.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Data Storage and Processing Conducted in the United States
Regardless of where you are located, our Services collect information and process and store that information in databases located in the United States. If you are visiting our Services from a country outside the United States, you should be aware that you may transfer personal information about yourself to the United States, and that the data protection laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country. By visiting our Services and submitting any personal information, you consent to the transfer of such personal information to the United States.
Users located in the European Economic Area
If you are located in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. We are the data controller for our Services. We process personal information it collects through our Services for our legitimate business purposes, for example to fulfill any requests you may make in connection with your submission of personal information, to monitor and improve the quality of our Services, and to protect and defend our rights, property or safety or that of our clients and other users of the Services. You may contact us to inquire about your personal information, ask questions, or take actions on the following:
- Request access to your personal information, including reasons for holding it and parties it may be disclosed to.
- Ask us to change/correct any of your personal information
- Ask us to delete any of your personal information
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Express concerns you may have about our use of your personal information.
To exercise your rights under this policy or if you have a complaint, please send us a request using the “Contact Information,” section below. If you are located in the European Union, you may also contact the Data Protection Authority (DPA) for your country regarding a complaint.
Persons Under the Age of 18
Our Services are not intended for persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 is permitted to provide any personal information to, or on, our Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time without advance notice. The date this policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting this policy to check for any changes to it.
To ask questions or comment about this policy and our practices regarding your information, or to register a request or complaint, contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at:
1700 South Mount Prospect Road
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Attn: Legal Department/Privacy Committee
Last modified: July 21, 2022