GTI Delivery and Training Workshops
Workforce Development and Operator Qualification Forum
On June 5, 2019 GTI hosted a full house at the Workforce Development and Operator Qualification Forum at our Des Plaines headquarters. At this interactive forum, GTI addressed the growing shortage of qualified personnel within the utility industry, discussed key issues and considerations and offered up a slate of options for recruiting and employee development. Participants outlined ways to introduce potential employees to a career path in the natural gas industry and prepare them to fill expanding positions at local utility, midstream, contractors, and pipeline operations companies.
Attendees learned about new approaches to evaluate training programs to ensure that employees are trained appropriately. They gained insight on how peers in the industry are maintaining their operator qualifications and complying with regulations for tracking. Preparing instructors and creating engaging training was be explored, and participants saw demonstrations of new and emerging cutting-edge training technologies.
Topics covered at the event included:
- Measuring Training and OQ Program Effectiveness
- Development of Training Instructors and OQ Evaluators
- Aligning Training to Safety, Standards and Procedures
- Modernizing Training Materials: Lesson Plans, Presentations, Handouts, Videos
- New Training Technologies: Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (XR)
- Workforce Development Programs: Recruiting, Pre-Employment Training, On-Boarding
- OQ Covered Task Transition from Part 192 to ASME B31Q
- Industry Hot Topics
GTI's Workforce Development Program
GTI's Natural Gas Distribution Training
Contact the energy experts today