News & Events
Stay up-to-date on the new sCO2 power generation technology that will revolutionize future power generation.
STEP Demo Lunch and Learn at the Capitol in Austin, TX
Staff members representing Texas elected officials attended a luncheon on February 15, 2019, to learn more about the increased efficiency, reduction in costs, emissions, and water use plus other important benefits of the supercritical CO2 technology. Find out more.
Academic Partner Added
The University of Houston has been added as an academic partner. UH Faculty and students will become familiar with the design criteria, operational constraints and specifications, and performance of the indirect-fired sCO2 power cycle. Find out more.
STEP Demo Groundbreaking Ceremony
On October 15, 2018, GTI joined with Southwest Research Institute, GE Global Research, and the U.S. Department of Energy/National Energy Technology Laboratory (DOE/NETL) to celebrate the groundbreaking of the $119 million first-of-its-kind 10MW Supercritical Transformational Electric Power (STEP) pilot plant known as STEP Demo. Find out more.
Over 100 online and print mentions in mainstream media and trade publications on the STEP Demo Groundbreaking by the next day.
- Construction underway on sCO2 Brayton cycle demo plant
Modern Power Systems, (01/03/2019)
- Game-Changing Coal Power Technologies
Power Magazine Online, (01/01/2019)
- Southwest Research Institute takes a leap forward in power generation OpEd by State Senator José Menéndez, D-26 San Antonio
My San Antonio, (10/18/2018)
- 10-MW Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Demonstration Project Breaks Ground
Power Magazine, (10/17/2018)
- Groundbreaking supercritical carbon dioxide pilot power plant set for Texas