February 2022—JIP Meeting and Tour of STEP Demo
In February 2022, the STEP Demo team hosted a Joint Industry Program (JIP) meeting in conjunction with the 7th International Supercritical CO2 Power Cycles Symposium in San Antonio, Texas.
Several of our global industry partners were able to attend the meeting in person. Representatives from Engie, a French multinational electric and gas company, and The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT), had the opportunity to tour the STEP Demo facility.
Photos, from top left to right:
- The EGAT delegation visits the STEP Demo pilot power plant that will demonstrate how sCO2 technology produces electricity in a more cost effective and efficient way
- EGAT leaders Mr. Sathit Krongsut and Mr. Somchai Chokmaviroj hold a model of the full-scale turbine rotor for the 10MW test facility
- Frederiek Demeyer, ENGIE, holds the highly compact desk-sized sCO2 turbine that offers lower capital costs and reduced plant size and footprint.
- Dr. Aaron McClung of Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) addresses a tour group from the Supercritical CO2 Power Cycles Symposium
- GE Research's Jason Mortzheim by the main compressor
- GTI Energy's Doug Heim explains STEP simulation modeling to JIP members