Benefits of STEP Demo
STEP Demo will demonstrate the highly efficient, Brayton power cycle in a pilot-scale, grid-connected power plant. It will be among the largest demonstration facilities for sCO2 technology in the world.
Benefits to the State of Texas
Participating in the STEP Demo will bring great value to the state. It bolsters San Antonio’s role as a technology leader, and offers positive economic and environmental impact and workforce development in a state that remains at the forefront
of the energy industry.
- Lowers the cost of electricity
- Reduces water consumption
- Minimizes emissions
- Provides additional high-skill, high wage local jobs
- Re-enforces Texas leadership position in power plant technology, advanced energy systems, and alternative power plant cycles
- Offers significant national and international visibility
- Establishes international high-tech power generation R&D center in San Antonio
- Supplements ongoing R&D projects, boosts future opportunities
- Creates local economic activity and spending
- Enhances teaching and augments basic research at Texas Universities with cooperative programs