How to be a Savvy Consumer of Data and Data Analytics in Oil and Gas Workshop | September 17, 2019 Day-long workshop associated with the CH4 Connections Conference
There is increasing use of data and data analytics in the Oil & Gas industry. Although these powerful tools have potential to improve safety and efficiency of operations, the concepts and terminology can appear challenging. In this one-day workshop, we aim to help attendees become familiar with current ideas in data and data analytics so they can be more savvy consumers of these approaches. Topics will be introduced through lively presentations, discussion and relevant activities.
- Basic statistics, distributions, and making predictions from data
- How to characterize uncertainty
- Bootstrap and Monte Carlo methods
- Bayesian methods
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Why databases are better when connected to other databases
- Sensors and sensor arrays
- Cyber security
- What is the FEAST model?
Admission to the Consumer of Data and Data Analytics in Oil & Gas Workshop and networking event is an additional fee. To attend choose the "workshop" option during your conference registration for an additional $300 fee.
For more information, please contact Prof. Joe von Fischer.
Contact the energy conference experts today